20091010

Bill's eMailbox: In search of Mongolian vodka

Q: Do you know where I can purchase Chinggis Khaan vodka in the U.S.?

I live in the New York metropolitan area, actually New Jersey. My son lives in Pittsburgh and we occasionally travel. I bought a small bottle in Mongolia and wish I could buy more.

Eileen Satkin

A: You're not the first reader to ask that question. However, even through diligent research I've been unable to come up with a satisfactory answer.

Any time I've spotted Chinggis Khaan in a cocktail lounge, it has been because someone had purchased it in Mongolia or China during their travels. The best info I can provide is to suggest you go here and inquire about buying a bottle or two.

Incidentally, despite the good word-of-mouth reviews this Mongolian product has
been getting, it sells for just the equivalent of $20 US.

To Dowd's Spirits Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Wine Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Brews Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Non-Alcohol Drinks Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Tasting Notes latest entry.
Back to Dowd On Drinks home page.

No comments: