20080502

A celebri-quote: Sarah Brightman

• Singer Sarah Brightman has sold more than 26 million albums since her 1978 debut. Her newest is the operatic album "Symphony." Here's one comment she made during an interview with the London Telegraph.

"I had my first-ever Bellini in the Hotel Splendido in Portofino. It has remained my all-time favourite drink ever since. It's often hard to get fresh peach juice, though, because it's seasonal and I'm not nearly as keen on it if it's made with tinned peach pulp.

"If I can't have a proper Bellini, then I'll have a Kir Royale, which I find almost, but not quite, as uplifting."

To Dowd's Spirits Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Wine Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Brews Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Non-Alcohol Drinks Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Tasting Notes latest entry.
Back to Dowd On Drinks home page.

No comments: