20090226

I'm baaack


William M. Dowd photo

Mmmm. Cheeseburger in Paradise!

I just returned last night (Wednesday) from a trip to St. Croix, in the American Virgin Islands, to visit the Cruzan Rom Distillery and handle other business, thus the lack of recent posts.

Thanks to the gazillion readers who kept checking back in that quiet period. It was nice you were reading while I was enjoying a cheeseburger and a tropical breeze.

Since I was one hour ahead of the continental U.S. (much of the Caribbean goes by Atlantic Time), I have looked into the future for you. I can report that ...

What's that? I'm not allowed to reveal the future? OK, Sarah Connor, if you say so.

And now, we return you to your regularly scheduled blog.

To Dowd's Wine Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Spirits Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Brews Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Tasting Notes latest entry.
Back to Dowd On Drinks home page.

2 comments:

Crash said...

I hope that you encouraged the Cruzan folks to discontinue those silly flavored rums and re-introduce their 5-yr rum, which was seriously delicious.

Thank goodness they still produce their Black Strap Navy rum, it is indispensable to the cocktail rum enthusiast.

William M. Dowd said...

Crash:

I leave "encouraging" to cheerleaders. Besides, I doubt the Cruzan folks would be interested in doing away with the very rums that provide their largest profit margin.