Gold medals went to 28 entries in the first Ministry of Rum Sugar Cane Spirits Competition, held recently in New Orleans.
• Araku Rum and Coffee Liqueur
• Barceló Imperial
• Brinley Gold Coffee Rum
• Castries Rum Cream
• Clement X. O. Rum
• Cockspur Bajan Crafted Rum 12
• Diplomatico Reserva
• Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva
• El Dorado 12 Year Old Rum
• EL Dorado Rum Cream
• J.M Eleve Sous Bois
• J.M Rhum Agricole Vieux VSOP
• La Favorite Rhum Agricole Blanc
• Macuro Ron Añejo Ultra Premium
• Mount Gay Extra Old Barbados Rum
• Neisson Réserve Spéciale
• Neisson Rhum Agricole Blanc
• New Orleans White Rum
• Prichard's Crystal Rum
• Pyrat 1623
• Ron Abuelo 7 Años Reserva Superior
• Rum Jumbie Liqueur
• Santa Teresa 1796
• Temptryst Cherrywood Rum
• Temptryst Maplewood Rum
• Temptryst Tropical Light Rum
• Tortuga 5 year old Rum
• Vizcaya VXOP Cuban Style Rum
Judging, arranged by Edward Hamilton, owner of the Ministry of Rum, took place at historic Arnaud's Restaurant in New Orleans. Sugar cane spirits were judged for their aroma, initial taste, body and finish on a scale of 1-25 for each attribute. Judges then added their scores for these attributes and gave a final rating which was used to calculate awards.
To Dowd's Spirits Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Wine Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Brews Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Non-Alcohol Drinks Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Tasting Notes latest entry.
Back to Dowd On Drinks home page.