20090707

A celebri-quote: Emma Shulman

Emma Shulman, 96, is a world-famous gerontologist at the NYU Langone Medical Center. From 1981 to 2005 she was a senior social worker and research associate at the Center for Excellence on Brain Aging and Dementia. She did some of the first research on how to care for Alzheimer’s patients and lectures widely on memory retention. She was interviewed by the New York Times, and this subject came up.

Q: What are your vices?

A: I smoked. Seventy-something years. I just quit three months ago. Cold turkey. I quit because I got a bronchial infection.

I like red wine, a glass with dinner.

And, I used to drink Scotch. I was a Scotch maniac.

[Go here for more celebri-quotes.]

To Dowd's Wine Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Spirits Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Brews Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Tasting Notes latest entry.
Back to Dowd On Drinks home page.

No comments: