20090114

A celebri-quote: Alex Kapranos

Alex Kapranos is the frontman for the rock group Franz Ferdinand, whose new album, "Tonight," is set for a January 26 release. In an interview with the Scottish newspaper The Daily Record, he discussed his new attitude toward drinking.

"I drink one night on and one night off now. Otherwise I'll lose my voice. I've got to watch it if I drink too much whiskey, which I'm kind of prone to do on tour, especially when I come off stage. You've got so much adrenaline and you're like, 'What are we going to do now?'

"We have a bottle of whiskey on our [contract] rider which maybe we should get taken off because I just tear into it every night."

[Go here for more celebri-quotes.]

To Dowd's Wine Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Spirits Notebook
To Dowd's Brews Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Non-Alcohol Drinks Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Tasting Notes latest entry.
Back to Dowd On Drinks home page.

No comments: